Invoke a Timer

Benapilot
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 5

Invoke a Timer

Postby Benapilot » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:35 pm

I just installed a solenoid valve for my RODI unit into my freshwater storage tank. I currently have it on a timer, every Saturday morning it opens and stays open for 8 hours.

When I mix up new saltwater, I'll need to open the solenoid valve to replenish the RODI tank. Is there a way to invoke the timer so I won't forget to close the valve later?

Thanks!
Chris
SW 1.09.70
HW 1.08.10
Pkg 2.00.09

n2585722
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 30

Re: Invoke a Timer

Postby n2585722 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:47 pm

I do not use a timer i use the float switch function with a low level switch and a full switch. I also have a float valve on the DI input to the tank incase of a falure to turn it off by the controller. The Solenoids I used cannot be powered full time. I also use the RO side of my RODI to feed my ice maker. so I have the feed soleniod for the RODI unit on a timer to turn on for a few minutes every hour to refill the pressure tank for the RO. I also use an alarm triggered by the DI fill output to keep the soleniod open if the DI storage tank is being filled. I also have a leak dectector around the RODI and storage tanks that will shut off the main RODI solenoid and other pumps in that location in the garage.
thanks,
Danny

Kylarse
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 5

Re: Invoke a Timer

Postby Kylarse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 am

I've done the same, but I'm just using a standard plug in timer that has daily settings. Same timer I use for holiday lights outside. Digital, and programmable. Westinghouse model T26462

https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-Out ... B00RU63360
Zero Edge 46, Archon, 2*PC4, 1 PB4, 1 SL1, 1 DCI

Return to “Archon”