NET

FAQs for all Digital Aquatics modules for all systems.

DA_Chris
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 0

Q: Is the RKM-NET able to send email alerts?

Postby DA_Chris » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Yes - You are able to configure the NET module to send email alerts to either an email account or to a mobile device by using the provided information on our site.

Cell phone provider email to SMS list.
Digital Aquatics
The Next Generation in Aquarium Controllers

DA_Chris

Q: I am receiving a "Test Failed: Error 32769" error.

Postby DA_Chris » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:40 pm

The error message "32769" is shown when the NET module cannot connect to the configured mail server using the set Email port. Please verify with your email service provider that you have entered the correct port.
Digital Aquatics

DA_Chris

Q: I am receiving a "Test Failed: Error 32768" error.

Postby DA_Chris » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:41 pm

The error message "32768" is shown when the NET module cannot connect to the configured mail server using the set SMTP Server address. Please verify with your email service provider that you have entered the correct SMTP server address.
Digital Aquatics

DA_Chris

Q: I am receiving a "Test Failed: Error ###" error.

Postby DA_Chris » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 pm

A three digit error code, represented about by ### above, is generated by your email service provider. This indicates that the NET module was successfully able to communicate with your SMTP server but was unable to send the test email. There are a number of items that may cause these types of failures and consequently there is a large number of error codes to identify each type. Below is a list of the most common error codes that are received by your SMTP server. If the code you are receiving is not listed, please do a web search in the format "SMTP error ###" with the code you are receiving for more information.

• 535 - Incorrect password or account name
    Please verify that the correct user name and password have been entered.

• 554 - Transaction failed
    This error code is a fairly generic error that occurs due to multiple possible issues. Most commonly, in the NET module, this error occurs when your STMP server requires authentication and the feature has not been checked.
Digital Aquatics

DA_Chris

Q: I'm having webpage problems after updating my NET Module.

Postby DA_Chris » Thu May 05, 2011 10:54 am

Updating the NET module to 2.05 will require both the module's firmware and the module's webpage BIN file to be updated. The current version of the Webpage BIN file is 2.04 and can be downloaded here. It is generally recommended to update the webpage BIN file prior to performing the firmware update. To do so, access the "Webpage Update" in the "General" tab on the NET webpage. After you've updated the webpage BIN file, you can proceed with updating the firmware via myReef 2.0.

If you've updated the firmware prior to performing the webpage, you can find instructions for the NET webpage BIN upload here.
Digital Aquatics

DA_Chris

Q: I'd like to access my NET Module outside my network...

Postby DA_Chris » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Unfortunately, given the many variables involved with this process, this is outside of the scope of our support.

However, one of our Team DA Members has written up a useful reference on the Support Forum here.
Digital Aquatics

DA_Chris

Q: I am unable to get my email to work properly...

Postby DA_Chris » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Most free email accounts and some ISP ones require SSL encryption in order to send emails. The NET module does not support SSL and thus those accounts will not work.

GMX is a free email service that does not require SSL and so it is recommended to customers as an alternative if their current accounts do not work. You can sign up for a GMX account at www.gmx.com.

You will use this email only for the "From: Email Address" field. You can still use your normal email for the "To: Email Address" to receive all email notifications.

SMTP Server: mail.gmx.com
Email Port: 587
The emails from GMX can be forwarded to your pre-established email vendor.
Digital Aquatics

Return to “Modules”