Auto vs On vs Off

Advanced aquarium controller
jdemarco
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 0

Auto vs On vs Off

Postby jdemarco » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I have in-sump skimmer plugged into a channel on a pc4 which i want to run nonstop. I want to use an alarm that I have created which is triggered by a float in my collection cup when full OR a float in sump when level rises (both float valves plugged into swA or swB). When i set the channel to ON (choices are ON /OFF/AUTO) it ignores the alarms being tripped. When i set the channel to AUTO I have to create a time to run.....how do i tell it to run 24hrs without a blip when programming it under Auto. If i start at 12am and end at 11.59.59 it will flicker for 1 second everyday at 1 second before midnight.....how can I program it to run 24hrs without a blip but still using AUTO.

Also is there a way to shut skimmer off when sump rises but have it back in when sump level returns to normal. Currently with above described set up....thr arm will trip and I believe it needs to.be manual assessed and alarm cleared in order for skimmer to restart.

jdemarco
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 0

Re: Auto vs On vs Off

Postby jdemarco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:24 am

Actually I was confusing a few different variables with my above question. Based on something I read online I was trying to truck the system by using MH Light rather than pump due to the delay start characteristics o read about. But my other questions above stem from not fully understanding the functionality of choosing MH. Moving forward from here I am choosing pump and assigning alarm and it's working fine except for the 30second delayed start that I have. When the alarm trips due to float switch......it starts right up when the float resumes it's normal position. So does delay that I programmed bot apply to coming out of a tripped alarm and maybe only appys to a power outage? It is currently not paying attention to the delay I have programmed. Does this have to do with the ch DEFAULT ON VS OFF?

n2585722
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 30

Re: Auto vs On vs Off

Postby n2585722 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Are you the same person on R2R with this question? If so are you still having an issue?
thanks,
Danny

Return to “ReefKeeper Elite (RKE)”