Request: RKL ability to display temp and pH at same time

Request: RKL ability to display temp and pH at same time

Postby jamesamantha5 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 am

Hello,
On the RLK you have two lines of LCD display available. Instead of the date/time being hard coded to the first line of the display can you guys make it where we can select just a couple of preconfigured ports to display instead?

Line 1
1. Date/time
2. pH
3. iTemp
4. Temp

I would think with just those four options your RLK users would find a lot more utility with the controller. I guess you guys have to differentiate your RKL and RKE but the extra bit of display seems like a fair idea to me. And that entire line of LCD being used just for date/time bothers me every time I see it. I am to the point where I am about to put a piece of tape over that line of display in the hopes I will forget it is there! :lol:

Thanks,

James
jamesamantha5

Re: Request: RKL ability to display temp and pH at same time

Postby mx36 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 am

I second that, I wish you had the option on what was displayed. My prefrance pH and i temp.
mx36

Postby jamesamantha5 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Apparently they ignore these types of posts. RKL is a cool little controller so no hard feelings DA.

By the way the RKL display is at this very moment telling me it is SAT 28 12:05:42A....time for bed.
jamesamantha5

Postby DaveMorris » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Rest assured that suggestions like this are not ignored. They may not post a response, but they do not ignore them. I know that suggestions like that are noted and then if/when an update is done, they try to bundle as many changes into that as possible. Addressing them all individually doesn't work because then they would be posting updates every week. None of us wants that. :)
Dave
My tank: www.thetechnologygroup.net/davesreef.html

DaveMorris

Postby DA_Dan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks, Dave! It's true. We do see these suggestions and we do consider many of them. We are not able to address many of the individual threads. If we see a good suggestion, or a suggestion that has a lot of support, we certainly look into many of them to see if they are feasible. In some cases, suggestions cannot be implemented, or they may be rolled into a future update.

We do appreciate the suggestions!

Thanks!
Please E-mail us if you have any specific questions or need assistance:

support@digitalaquatics.com

Thanks!
DA_Dan

Postby Damon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 am

Please add my vote for this suggestion. Those are the two most frequently paramaters that I check, and to have them right there would be fantastic!
Damon

Postby jamesamantha5 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 am

We all appreciate the cool product that is the RKL. I figured you guys were busy fixing/helping real problems and didn't look at all the crazy requests for your RKL which would be understandable.

If you can put that request on the wish list for a future project that would be great. To me it is a no brainer for support from the RKL user community. We have two precious lines of LCD display to work with and one of them isn't being used to give us our tank parms. I get up every day and push the up and down buttons to go between temp and pH. I keep it on temp, four clicks of the up arrow to check out pH, four clicks down to put it on temp again.

Thanks again and have a great day!

James
jamesamantha5

Postby chuckasomas » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 pm

This request gets my vote too!

Thx DA for making such an amazing product affordable!
chuckasomas

Postby toddhaf » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:01 am

I would like to add my comments to this post as well. Please add this feature.
It doesn't make much sense to have the time and date hard coded on the display.
Thanks for considering this request DA.
toddhaf

Postby fawnda10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 pm

So I was going to post a question about how in the world do I get the temp on the main display to show, all the time.......but it can't be?! :?
fawnda10

Postby DA_Dan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:20 am

fawnda10 wrote:So I was going to post a question about how in the world do I get the temp on the main display to show, all the time.......but it can't be?! :?

I'm not clear on what you mean. You can choose to display the temperature reading on the RKL, under the Time/Date. it will remain there until you change it, or the head unit resets.

Thanks.

Thanks!
DA_Dan

Postby fawnda10 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:49 am

DA_Dan wrote:
fawnda10 wrote:So I was going to post a question about how in the world do I get the temp on the main display to show, all the time.......but it can't be?! :?

I'm not clear on what you mean. You can choose to display the temperature reading on the RKL, under the Time/Date. it will remain there until you change it, or the head unit resets.

Thanks.

I go under "system" then "date/time" and all I can do is change the date and time on the display. Under the date/time it says "none" on the main display :( I can see the itemp under some other area, but its not displayed on the main screen all the time like I'd like it to be, so not sure how to get it there.........I would think this would just appear automatically after I put the probe into water?
fawnda10

Postby DA_Dan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 am

From the main display, where it shows the time and date, above 'None', just press the up arrow to cycle through your available readings to until you find the iTemp reading.

Thanks.

Thanks!
DA_Dan

Postby fawnda10 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:30 am

DA_Dan wrote:From the main display, where it shows the time and date, above 'None', just press the up arrow to cycle through your available readings to until you find the iTemp reading.

Thanks.

:D THANK YOU! I knew it must have been something simple, but just didn't see it mentioned in the manual anywhere, must have missed it.
fawnda10

Postby kylarsen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:36 pm

One more vote, to show two user selected values on the same screen. pH and iTemp in my case. No need to know the date, I have a calendar/iPhone/PC, etc.
kylarsen

Next

Return to ReefKeeper Lite (RKL)