Archon

Post pictures of your tanks, creative ways you've used Digital Aquatics products and more!
ScottyS
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 25

Archon

Postby ScottyS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:27 am

It's been awhile since I pre-ordered the first RKE back in 2008, and it served me well for close to 10 years. But when it started going (LCD screen went bad) I knew it was time for an upgrade.
At first the Archon didn't work, even after pressing reset, but a call from DA support just minutes after I emailed them walked me through pressing the reset button again (this time maybe I pressed it long enough, 5 seconds) and it works great.
Once I figured out you set the PC4 output to respond to the float switch (and not the float switch to trigger the PC4) I got everything programmed in minutes.

My system is a 58 gallon show tank in a den with a small sump, 30 gallon refugium and a 55 gallon reservoir all in the basement. An Iwaki pump handles the return. Both tanks have a MH light and the show tank also 2 LED strips and a moon light. A float switch in the reservoir triggers a PC4 power outlet that runs a pump to replace evaporation with RO water.

I am delighted with the Archon system. This I what I had wished for back in 2008; to be able to program and control it on my computer and to access it via the internet from anywhere. I'm going away soon and our house/dog sitters would not be too keen on manually controlling the lights and keeping up with evaporation top-offs. Now it's all automatic again and I can monitor and even control it from where I am going. In the future I plan to get more float switches to set off alarms for the reservoir getting too high or low so it can shut down the pump in an emergency, a web cam, wavemaker, perhaps dosing for kalk, an on and on.

n2585722
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 30

Re: Archon

Postby n2585722 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:48 am

Thats great. I have had mine for a few years now and could not be happier. Once you've have the hang of how it works it couldn't be easier to program.
thanks,
Danny

Return to “Customer's Systems”