Unable to control PC4

Power Controller 4 (4 independently programable outlets)
rheridia
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 12

Unable to control PC4

Postby rheridia » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 pm

I have had my RKE set up for a few years now. Around a few months ago, I noticed that I couldn't control one of the channels on my PC4 via myMobile2 or the RKE head unit. That channel remained on at all times even though the RKE head unit indicated of. I changed the modes to try to turn it off but was unsuccessful. My IP camera was hooked on this channel. Since then, my return pump had the same problem on a different PC4 since I lost control of that channel and it remained on at all times. A few days ago, while on vacation, I noticed that the channel to my LEDs stopped turning off also and remained on at all times despite indicating off on the channel mode. Is there a way to remedy this recent issue that I have on 3 different channels on two separate PC4s?

n2585722
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 30

Re: Unable to control PC4

Postby n2585722 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Do they go off if you select off for the mode instead of auto?
Is the indicator off on the PC4?
Which Channels are having this issue? Channels 1 & 4 are relay's. Channel 2 & 3 are triac's.
thanks,
Danny

rheridia
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 12

Postby rheridia » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:02 pm

n2585722 wrote:Do they go off if you select off for the mode instead of auto?
Is the indicator off on the PC4?
Which Channels are having this issue? Channels 1 & 4 are relay's. Channel 2 & 3 are triac's.

The LEDs (ch4) and IP Camera (ch3) seem to work now. Not sure what happened although I think that I lost power temporarily while away. Not sure if something was reset as a result.
However, the other channel (2) still doesn't function properly. The PC4 ch2 light indicates on regardless of what mode I select as well as if I select off. I just switched modes and tried to turn it off with no success.

n2585722
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 30

Postby n2585722 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:37 pm

It sounds like channel 2 has a shorted triac. If it is still under warranty contact DA support. Otherwise it is probably as cheap to replace it as it is to repair.
thanks,
Danny

Return to “PC4”