Pc4 woes

Power Controller 4 (4 independently programable outlets)
OneWayne
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 25

Pc4 woes

Postby OneWayne » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I have an rke with 4 pc4s,sl1,sl2v2,and net. Myreef2 is running on a dedicated laptop. Checked laptop yesterday to find laptop locked up. I removed the sid and rke lost power for a few seconds then everything came back online with the exception if one pc4 which just keeps clicking on and off. I unplugged my skimmer and chiller which are the only things connected to that module and it stops but no matter what device in whatever channel it immedielty starts clicking on and off. I decided to try an interrupted firmware update to the pc4 and now it stays greyed out in myreef and reads error on each channel.
Any help would be appreciated to get it back online if possible and why it would trip on and off in the first place .
Thanks

n2585722
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 30

Re: Pc4 woes

Postby n2585722 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:24 pm

An interrupted update will change the serial number of the module. The system sees this as a new module and not the original module. The original module is still remembered by the system so it will show with error since it is no longer hooked to the system with the original serial number. Check and make sure there is not a new. PC4 on the system. It will have to have all the outputs reprogrammed as none will be programmed since the system sees it as a new PC4.
thanks,
Danny

OneWayne
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 25

Postby OneWayne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:00 pm

Thank you and yes it is there but not visible with 5 entries. So what causes the module to freak out like that in the first place? I will probably take it off since I have zero trust that it won't happen again.
Thanks again

n2585722
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 30

Postby n2585722 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Since the firmware is updatable in the field all it takes is the right glitch to corrupt the firmware. I cannot say what may have caused it. It may not have even been with the PC4.
thanks,
Danny

bobwan
How many years have you been in the hobby?: 0

Postby bobwan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:03 pm

I have the EXACT same issue and have isolated the problem but don't have a solution yet. (I dread resetting and reprogramming).
CH 4 clicks on, off, on , off......... in 1 second intervals. I had previously programed this channel as cooling fan to respond to temp from my SL1. I reprogrammed the channel from the RKE as always OFF, function= On/Off, standby none, default Off, alarms none. I repeated this with the SID but it still clicked on/off/on/off....
I was able to stop it by unplugging the SL1 !!!!! even though there is NO visible code linking the channels on the SL1 and this PC4. I have ferrite beads at each end of ALL cables, I have a self powered HUB.

Return to “PC4”